Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
No.45 on train at Fort George, 1913
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_578
PLACENAME
Fort George
DISTRICT
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Ardersier
DATE OF IMAGE
1913
PERIOD
1910s
CREATOR
LGRP 7894
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27294
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
No.45 on train at Fort George, 1913

No. 45 on train at Fort George.

No. 45 was a 0-4-4T 'Passenger Tank' built in December 1905. She became BR No. 55053 before being withdrawn in January 1957 as the last Highland Railway locomotive in service.

Fort George was at the end of a short (2.5 km) branch line north from the Inverness - Nairn line. It opened on 1 July 1899 and closed to passengers on 5 April 1943 Goods and occasional military specials continued until 11 August 1958.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

No.45 on train at Fort George, 1913

INVERNESS: Ardersier

1910s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

No. 45 on train at Fort George.<br /> <br /> No. 45 was a 0-4-4T 'Passenger Tank' built in December 1905. She became BR No. 55053 before being withdrawn in January 1957 as the last Highland Railway locomotive in service.<br /> <br /> Fort George was at the end of a short (2.5 km) branch line north from the Inverness - Nairn line. It opened on 1 July 1899 and closed to passengers on 5 April 1943 Goods and occasional military specials continued until 11 August 1958.