Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Rear of Fort George station building and goods shed after closure
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_581
PLACENAME
Fort George
DISTRICT
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Ardersier
CREATOR
D Lawrence 7218B
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27297
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
Rear of Fort George station building and goods shed after closure

The rear of Fort George station building and goods shed after closure.

Fort George was at the end of a short (2.5 km) branch line north from the Inverness - Nairn line. It opened on 1 July 1899 and closed to passengers on 5 April 1943 Goods and occasional military specials continued until 11 August 1958.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Rear of Fort George station building and goods shed after closure

INVERNESS: Ardersier

Highland Railway; HR; railways;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

The rear of Fort George station building and goods shed after closure.<br /> <br /> Fort George was at the end of a short (2.5 km) branch line north from the Inverness - Nairn line. It opened on 1 July 1899 and closed to passengers on 5 April 1943 Goods and occasional military specials continued until 11 August 1958.