Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Fortrose Station from the end of the platform, 1912
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_593
PLACENAME
Fortrose
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Rosemarkie
DATE OF IMAGE
1912
PERIOD
1910s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27308
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
Fortrose Station from the end of the platform, 1912

Fortrose from the end of the platform showing the station building. A branch train is in the platform and a locomotive is on the turntable in the background.

Fortrose station opened on 1 February 1894 and was the terminus of the 22 km Black Isle Line from Muir of Ord. It closed to passengers on 1 October 1951 and to goods services on 13 June 1960.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Fortrose Station from the end of the platform, 1912

ROSS: Rosemarkie

1910s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Fortrose from the end of the platform showing the station building. A branch train is in the platform and a locomotive is on the turntable in the background. <br /> <br /> Fortrose station opened on 1 February 1894 and was the terminus of the 22 km Black Isle Line from Muir of Ord. It closed to passengers on 1 October 1951 and to goods services on 13 June 1960.