Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Back of loco shed at Fortrose, 1949
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_597
PLACENAME
Fortrose
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Rosemarkie
DATE OF IMAGE
19 September 1949
PERIOD
1940s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27312
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
HRS
Back of loco shed at Fortrose, 1949

The back of Fortrose loco shed looking over to the goods shed and platform.

Fortrose station opened on 1 February 1894 and was the terminus of the 22 km Black Isle Line from Muir of Ord. It closed to passengers on 1 October 1951 and to goods services on 13 June 1960.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Back of loco shed at Fortrose, 1949

ROSS: Rosemarkie

1940s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

The back of Fortrose loco shed looking over to the goods shed and platform. <br /> <br /> Fortrose station opened on 1 February 1894 and was the terminus of the 22 km Black Isle Line from Muir of Ord. It closed to passengers on 1 October 1951 and to goods services on 13 June 1960.