Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
54439 being turned at Fortrose Station, 1949
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_598
PLACENAME
Fortrose
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Rosemarkie
DATE OF IMAGE
19 September 1949
PERIOD
1940s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27313
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
54439 being turned at Fortrose Station, 1949

Having just arrived with the 5:40 from Muir of Ord with the last train of the day, 54439 is being turned before going 'on shed' for the night.

54439 is an ex-Caledonian 'Rebuilt Dunalstair IV' 4-4-0, originally built January 1908 as CR No. 924, then LMS No. 14439 before her BR number. She was withdrawn in April 1958.

Fortrose station opened on 1 February 1894 and was the terminus of the 22 km Black Isle Line from Muir of Ord. It closed to passengers on 1 October 1951 and to goods services on 13 June 1960.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

54439 being turned at Fortrose Station, 1949

ROSS: Rosemarkie

1940s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Having just arrived with the 5:40 from Muir of Ord with the last train of the day, 54439 is being turned before going 'on shed' for the night. <br /> <br /> 54439 is an ex-Caledonian 'Rebuilt Dunalstair IV' 4-4-0, originally built January 1908 as CR No. 924, then LMS No. 14439 before her BR number. She was withdrawn in April 1958.<br /> <br /> Fortrose station opened on 1 February 1894 and was the terminus of the 22 km Black Isle Line from Muir of Ord. It closed to passengers on 1 October 1951 and to goods services on 13 June 1960.