Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Fortrose loco shed from the front, c1935
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_601
PLACENAME
Fortrose
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Rosemarkie
DATE OF IMAGE
c.1935
PERIOD
1930s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27316
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
HRS
Fortrose loco shed from the front, c1935

A view of Fortrose loco shed, from the front.

Fortrose station opened on 1 February 1894 and was the terminus of the 22 km Black Isle Line from Muir of Ord. It closed to passengers on 1 October 1951 and to goods services on 13 June 1960.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Fortrose loco shed from the front, c1935

ROSS: Rosemarkie

1930s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Fortrose loco shed, from the front. <br /> <br /> Fortrose station opened on 1 February 1894 and was the terminus of the 22 km Black Isle Line from Muir of Ord. It closed to passengers on 1 October 1951 and to goods services on 13 June 1960.