Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
57594 waits to leave Fortrose with freight train, 1960
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_603
PLACENAME
Fortrose
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Rosemarkie
DATE OF IMAGE
8 June 1960
PERIOD
1960s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27318
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
57594 waits to leave Fortrose with freight train, 1960

Ex Caledonian Railway 57594 waits to leave Fortrose with a freight train.

The locomotive is an ex-Caledonian '812' Class 0-6-0, built August 1900 as CR No. 856, becoming LMS No. 17594 and finally BR No. 57594. She was withdrawn December 1962.

Fortrose station opened on 1 February 1894 and was the terminus of the 22 km Black Isle Line from Muir of Ord. It closed to passengers on 1 October 1951 and to goods services on 13 June 1960.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

57594 waits to leave Fortrose with freight train, 1960

ROSS: Rosemarkie

1960s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Ex Caledonian Railway 57594 waits to leave Fortrose with a freight train.<br /> <br /> The locomotive is an ex-Caledonian '812' Class 0-6-0, built August 1900 as CR No. 856, becoming LMS No. 17594 and finally BR No. 57594. She was withdrawn December 1962.<br /> <br /> Fortrose station opened on 1 February 1894 and was the terminus of the 22 km Black Isle Line from Muir of Ord. It closed to passengers on 1 October 1951 and to goods services on 13 June 1960.