Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Gairlochy Station from the footbridge, 1914
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_605
PLACENAME
Gairlochy
DISTRICT
Gairloch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Gairloch
DATE OF IMAGE
1914
PERIOD
1910s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27320
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
Gairlochy Station from the footbridge, 1914

Gairlochy station from the footbridge.

Gairlochy is 4 km from the Spean Bridge terminus of the Invergarry and Fort Augustus Railway, the station opened in 1904 and closed on 1 January 1947.

The Invergarry and Fort Augustus Railway ran from Spean Bridge to Fort Augustus, via Invergarry and was built by an independent company. It was never part of the Highland Railway although the HR did operate the line between July 1903 and May 1907.

The line closed temporarily on 31 October 1911 and reopened on 1 August 1913. It closed to passengers on 1 December 1933 and finally to goods on 1 January 1947.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Gairlochy Station from the footbridge, 1914

ROSS: Gairloch

1910s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Gairlochy station from the footbridge. <br /> <br /> Gairlochy is 4 km from the Spean Bridge terminus of the Invergarry and Fort Augustus Railway, the station opened in 1904 and closed on 1 January 1947.<br /> <br /> The Invergarry and Fort Augustus Railway ran from Spean Bridge to Fort Augustus, via Invergarry and was built by an independent company. It was never part of the Highland Railway although the HR did operate the line between July 1903 and May 1907. <br /> <br /> The line closed temporarily on 31 October 1911 and reopened on 1 August 1913. It closed to passengers on 1 December 1933 and finally to goods on 1 January 1947.