Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Georgemas Junction looking east from the up platform, 1960
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_621
PLACENAME
Georgemas
DISTRICT
Caithness - Western
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Halkirk
DATE OF IMAGE
20 August 1960
PERIOD
1960s
CREATOR
A G Ellis
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27335
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
HRS
Georgemas Junction looking east from the up platform, 1960

From the up platform at Georgemas, looking east.

Georgemas Junction is where the Thurso Branch leaves the northern main line to Wick. The station opened on 28 July 1874, it closed to goods in January 1984 but it is still open to passengers.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Georgemas Junction looking east from the up platform, 1960

CAITHNESS: Halkirk

1960s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

From the up platform at Georgemas, looking east. <br /> <br /> Georgemas Junction is where the Thurso Branch leaves the northern main line to Wick. The station opened on 28 July 1874, it closed to goods in January 1984 but it is still open to passengers.