Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Looking east at Georgemas Junction with a down train in platform
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_630
PLACENAME
Georgemas
DISTRICT
Caithness - Western
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Halkirk
CREATOR
N Forrest
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27344
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
Looking east at Georgemas Junction with a down train in platform

Looking east at Georgemas Junction with a down train in the platform and an up train arriving behind a Class 24 locomotive.

Georgemas Junction is where the Thurso Branch leaves the northern main line to Wick. The station opened on 28 July 1874, it closed to goods in January 1984 but it is still open to passengers.

The Class 24 diesel locomotives were introduced on 1958 and had gone by 1987, for many years they were a common sight on rains running north from Inverness.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Looking east at Georgemas Junction with a down train in platform

CAITHNESS: Halkirk

Highland Railway; HR; railways;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Looking east at Georgemas Junction with a down train in the platform and an up train arriving behind a Class 24 locomotive.<br /> <br /> Georgemas Junction is where the Thurso Branch leaves the northern main line to Wick. The station opened on 28 July 1874, it closed to goods in January 1984 but it is still open to passengers. <br /> <br /> The Class 24 diesel locomotives were introduced on 1958 and had gone by 1987, for many years they were a common sight on rains running north from Inverness.