Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
40150 and D5120 at Georgemas Junction, 1961
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_631
PLACENAME
Georgemas
DISTRICT
Caithness - Western
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Halkirk
DATE OF IMAGE
1961
PERIOD
1960s
CREATOR
Joanes Publications
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27345
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
HRS
40150 and D5120 at Georgemas Junction, 1961

40150 on the Thurso train and D5120 on a train from Wick pictured at Georgemas.

Georgemas Junction is where the Thurso Branch leaves the northern main line to Wick. The station opened on 28 July 1874, it closed to goods in January 1984 but it is still open to passengers.

40150, a 2-6-2T locomotive, was built by the LMS as No.150. She was withdrawn in December 1962. D5120, a Sulzer Type 2 locomotive, was built in 1960 and became 24120 under the BR TOPS renumbering scheme.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

40150 and D5120 at Georgemas Junction, 1961

CAITHNESS: Halkirk

1960s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

40150 on the Thurso train and D5120 on a train from Wick pictured at Georgemas. <br /> <br /> Georgemas Junction is where the Thurso Branch leaves the northern main line to Wick. The station opened on 28 July 1874, it closed to goods in January 1984 but it is still open to passengers. <br /> <br /> 40150, a 2-6-2T locomotive, was built by the LMS as No.150. She was withdrawn in December 1962. D5120, a Sulzer Type 2 locomotive, was built in 1960 and became 24120 under the BR TOPS renumbering scheme.