Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
40150 and D5125 at Georgemas Junction, 1961
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_632
PLACENAME
Georgemas
DISTRICT
Caithness - Western
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Halkirk
DATE OF IMAGE
18 April 1961
PERIOD
1960s
CREATOR
RN Joanes
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27346
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
HRS
40150 and D5125 at Georgemas Junction, 1961

40150 and D5125 on trains at the east end of Georgemas.

Georgemas Junction is where the Thurso Branch leaves the northern main line to Wick. The station opened on 28 July 1874, it closed to goods in January 1984 but it is still open to passengers.

40150, a 2-6-2T was built by the LMS as No.150, she was withdrawn December 1962. D5125 a Sulzer Type 2 locomotive was built in 1960 and became 24120 under the BR TOPS renumbering scheme and she was 'mothballed' March 1976.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

40150 and D5125 at Georgemas Junction, 1961

CAITHNESS: Halkirk

1960s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

40150 and D5125 on trains at the east end of Georgemas. <br /> <br /> Georgemas Junction is where the Thurso Branch leaves the northern main line to Wick. The station opened on 28 July 1874, it closed to goods in January 1984 but it is still open to passengers.<br /> <br /> 40150, a 2-6-2T was built by the LMS as No.150, she was withdrawn December 1962. D5125 a Sulzer Type 2 locomotive was built in 1960 and became 24120 under the BR TOPS renumbering scheme and she was 'mothballed' March 1976.