Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
The east end of Georgemas Junction looking east, 1952
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_636
PLACENAME
Georgemas
DISTRICT
Caithness - Western
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Halkirk
DATE OF IMAGE
23 April 1952
PERIOD
1950s
CREATOR
H C Casserley 76893
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27350
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
The east end of Georgemas Junction looking east, 1952

Georgemas Junction from the east end, looking east, with the train for Wick and 4398 'Ben Alder' the branch engine.

Georgemas Junction is where the Thurso Branch leaves the northern main line to Wick. The station opened 28 July 1874, it closed to goods in January 1984 but it is still open to passengers.

'Ben Alder', a Small Ben; class locomotive, was built in July 1898, she went on to carry the LMS number 14398 and she was given the number 54398 by British Railways. She was scrapped in February 1953.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

The east end of Georgemas Junction looking east, 1952

CAITHNESS: Halkirk

1950s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Georgemas Junction from the east end, looking east, with the train for Wick and 4398 'Ben Alder' the branch engine. <br /> <br /> Georgemas Junction is where the Thurso Branch leaves the northern main line to Wick. The station opened 28 July 1874, it closed to goods in January 1984 but it is still open to passengers. <br /> <br /> 'Ben Alder', a Small Ben; class locomotive, was built in July 1898, she went on to carry the LMS number 14398 and she was given the number 54398 by British Railways. She was scrapped in February 1953.