Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Branch train coaches being detached at Georgemas Junction, 1959
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_644
PLACENAME
Georgemas
DISTRICT
Caithness - Western
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Halkirk
DATE OF IMAGE
September 1959
PERIOD
1950s
CREATOR
Photomatic 596
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27358
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
Branch train coaches being detached at Georgemas Junction, 1959

This photograph shows branch train coaches being detached at Georgemas.

Georgemas Junction is where the Thurso Branch leaves the northern main line to Wick. The station opened 28 July 1874, it closed to goods in January 1984 but it is still open to passengers.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Branch train coaches being detached at Georgemas Junction, 1959

CAITHNESS: Halkirk

1950s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows branch train coaches being detached at Georgemas.<br /> <br /> Georgemas Junction is where the Thurso Branch leaves the northern main line to Wick. The station opened 28 July 1874, it closed to goods in January 1984 but it is still open to passengers.