Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
No.17 'Ben Alligan' at Gollanfield
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_662
PLACENAME
Gollanfield
DISTRICT
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Petty
CREATOR
R K Blencowe 24540
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27375
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
station
Small Ben Class
HRS
No.17 'Ben Alligan' at Gollanfield

No.17 'Ben Alligan' arriving at Gollanfield on a westbound train. The photograph was taken from the east end of the platform in Highland Railway days.

No.17, a 'Small Ben' was built at the Lochgorm Works of the Highland Railway in February 1901. She became LMS No.14413, based at Forres, before being withdrawn in December 1933.

Gollanfield, 10 miles (16km) out of Inverness on the Elgin line, was called 'Fort George' when it first opened on 7 November 1855, changing its name on the opening of the Fort George branch on 1 July 1899. It closed to passengers on 3 May 1965 having lost its goods facilities six-months earlier on 7 September 1964.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

No.17 'Ben Alligan' at Gollanfield

INVERNESS: Petty

Highland Railway; HR; station; Small Ben Class;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

No.17 'Ben Alligan' arriving at Gollanfield on a westbound train. The photograph was taken from the east end of the platform in Highland Railway days.<br /> <br /> No.17, a 'Small Ben' was built at the Lochgorm Works of the Highland Railway in February 1901. She became LMS No.14413, based at Forres, before being withdrawn in December 1933.<br /> <br /> Gollanfield, 10 miles (16km) out of Inverness on the Elgin line, was called 'Fort George' when it first opened on 7 November 1855, changing its name on the opening of the Fort George branch on 1 July 1899. It closed to passengers on 3 May 1965 having lost its goods facilities six-months earlier on 7 September 1964.