Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Platform at Gollanfield, 1952
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_663
PLACENAME
Gollanfield
DISTRICT
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Petty
DATE OF IMAGE
August 1952
PERIOD
1950s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27376
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
station
Platform at Gollanfield, 1952

Looking west towards the signal box at Gollanfield.

Gollanfield, 10 miles (16km) out of Inverness on the Elgin line, was called 'Fort George' when it first opened on 7 November 1855, changing its name on the opening of the Fort George branch on 1 July 1899. It closed to passengers on 3 May 1965 having lost its goods facilities six-months earlier on 7 September 1964.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Platform at Gollanfield, 1952

INVERNESS: Petty

1950s

Highland Railway; HR; station;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Looking west towards the signal box at Gollanfield.<br /> <br /> Gollanfield, 10 miles (16km) out of Inverness on the Elgin line, was called 'Fort George' when it first opened on 7 November 1855, changing its name on the opening of the Fort George branch on 1 July 1899. It closed to passengers on 3 May 1965 having lost its goods facilities six-months earlier on 7 September 1964.