Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Buildings, footbridge and platforms at Helmsdale
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_696
PLACENAME
Helmsdale
DISTRICT
Kildonan, Loth and Clyne
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Kildonan
CREATOR
Lens
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27407
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
station
footbridge
HRS
Buildings, footbridge and platforms at Helmsdale

Looking north at Helmsdale with the station buildings, footbridge and platforms beyond.

Helmsdale was opened on 15 May 1871 and was the Highland Railway's northern terminus for three years until the line was extended in July 1874. Although the station is still open it lost its goods facilities in January 1984.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Buildings, footbridge and platforms at Helmsdale

SUTHERLAND: Kildonan

Highland Railway; HR; station; footbridge;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Looking north at Helmsdale with the station buildings, footbridge and platforms beyond.<br /> <br /> Helmsdale was opened on 15 May 1871 and was the Highland Railway's northern terminus for three years until the line was extended in July 1874. Although the station is still open it lost its goods facilities in January 1984.