Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Vew north from the footbridge at Helmsdale, 1988
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_697
PLACENAME
Helmsdale
DISTRICT
Kildonan, Loth and Clyne
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Kildonan
DATE OF IMAGE
30 March 1988
PERIOD
1980s
CREATOR
A Simpson
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27408
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
station
HRS
Vew north from the footbridge at Helmsdale, 1988

The view north from the footbridge at Helmsdale.

Helmsdale was opened on 15 May 1871 and was the Highland Railway's northern terminus for three years until the line was extended in July 1874. Although the station is still open it lost its goods facilities in January 1984.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Vew north from the footbridge at Helmsdale, 1988

SUTHERLAND: Kildonan

1980s

Highland Railway; HR; station;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

The view north from the footbridge at Helmsdale.<br /> <br /> Helmsdale was opened on 15 May 1871 and was the Highland Railway's northern terminus for three years until the line was extended in July 1874. Although the station is still open it lost its goods facilities in January 1984.