Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
D5120 bringing buffet car out of the sidings at Helmsdale, 1961
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_699
PLACENAME
Helmsdale
DISTRICT
Kildonan, Loth and Clyne
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Kildonan
DATE OF IMAGE
18 April 1961
PERIOD
1960s
CREATOR
R N Joanes
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27410
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
station
D5120 bringing buffet car out of the sidings at Helmsdale, 1961

D5120 bringing buffet car out of the sidings at Helmsdale for up train.

D5120, a 'Derby Sulzers' (later a Type 24) was built by BR Engineering in the late 1950s or early 1960s .She became 24120 under the British Railways renumbering scheme and was withdrawn in December 1976 and cut up at BR Doncaster Works in August 1977.

Helmsdale was opened on 15 May 1871 and was the Highland Railway's northern terminus for three years until the line was extended in July 1874. Although the station is still open it lost its goods facilities in January 1984.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

D5120 bringing buffet car out of the sidings at Helmsdale, 1961

SUTHERLAND: Kildonan

1960s

Highland Railway; HR; station;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

D5120 bringing buffet car out of the sidings at Helmsdale for up train.<br /> <br /> D5120, a 'Derby Sulzers' (later a Type 24) was built by BR Engineering in the late 1950s or early 1960s .She became 24120 under the British Railways renumbering scheme and was withdrawn in December 1976 and cut up at BR Doncaster Works in August 1977.<br /> <br /> Helmsdale was opened on 15 May 1871 and was the Highland Railway's northern terminus for three years until the line was extended in July 1874. Although the station is still open it lost its goods facilities in January 1984.