Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
View north from in front of the main station building at Helmsdale
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_700
PLACENAME
Helmsdale
DISTRICT
Kildonan, Loth and Clyne
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Kildonan
CREATOR
Colour Print
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27411
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
station
footbridge
signal box
View north from in front of the main station building at Helmsdale

Looking north from in front of the main station building at Helmsdale.

Helmsdale was opened on 15 May 1871 and was the Highland Railway's northern terminus for three years until the line was extended in July 1874. Although the station is still open it lost its goods facilities in January 1984.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

View north from in front of the main station building at Helmsdale

SUTHERLAND: Kildonan

Highland Railway; HR; station; footbridge; signal box;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Looking north from in front of the main station building at Helmsdale. <br /> <br /> Helmsdale was opened on 15 May 1871 and was the Highland Railway's northern terminus for three years until the line was extended in July 1874. Although the station is still open it lost its goods facilities in January 1984.