Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
General view of Helmsdale Station & the engine shed, 1949
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_701
PLACENAME
Helmsdale
DISTRICT
Kildonan, Loth and Clyne
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Kildonan
DATE OF IMAGE
June 1949
PERIOD
1940s
CREATOR
H C Casserley 57539
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27412
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
station
signal box
water column'
General view of Helmsdale Station & the engine shed, 1949

Looking back at Helmsdale from a down train. This photograph shows a good general view of the station, including the engine shed.

Helmsdale was opened on 15 May 1871 and was the Highland Railway's northern terminus for three years until the line was extended in July 1874. Although the station is still open it lost its goods facilities in January 1984.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

General view of Helmsdale Station & the engine shed, 1949

SUTHERLAND: Kildonan

1940s

Highland Railway; HR; station; signal box; water column'

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Looking back at Helmsdale from a down train. This photograph shows a good general view of the station, including the engine shed.<br /> <br /> Helmsdale was opened on 15 May 1871 and was the Highland Railway's northern terminus for three years until the line was extended in July 1874. Although the station is still open it lost its goods facilities in January 1984.