Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Loco Shed at Helmsdale, 1936
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_704
PLACENAME
Helmsdale
DISTRICT
Kildonan, Loth and Clyne
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Kildonan
DATE OF IMAGE
11 June 1936
PERIOD
1930s
CREATOR
Harold D. Bowtell
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27415
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
water column'
Loco Shed at Helmsdale, 1936

A wonderful 1936 photograph of Helmsdale loco shed. The photographer notes 14410, 17700 and,15015 "on shed".

14410 was an ex-Highland Railway 'Small Ben', formerly HR No.14 'Ben Dearg', 17700 was an HR 'Barney Goods' (HR No.10) and 15015 was a former HR 'Yankee Tank', No.11.

Helmsdale was opened on 15 May 1871 and was the Highland Railway's northern terminus for three years until the line was extended in July 1874. Although the station is still open it lost its goods facilities in January 1984.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Loco Shed at Helmsdale, 1936

SUTHERLAND: Kildonan

1930s

Highland Railway; HR; water column'

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A wonderful 1936 photograph of Helmsdale loco shed. The photographer notes 14410, 17700 and,15015 "on shed".<br /> <br /> 14410 was an ex-Highland Railway 'Small Ben', formerly HR No.14 'Ben Dearg', 17700 was an HR 'Barney Goods' (HR No.10) and 15015 was a former HR 'Yankee Tank', No.11.<br /> <br /> Helmsdale was opened on 15 May 1871 and was the Highland Railway's northern terminus for three years until the line was extended in July 1874. Although the station is still open it lost its goods facilities in January 1984.