Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Helmsdale Station from the overbridge at the south end
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_712
PLACENAME
Helmsdale
DISTRICT
Kildonan, Loth and Clyne
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Kildonan
DATE OF IMAGE
11 September 1958
PERIOD
1950s
CREATOR
Harold D. Bowtell
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27423
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
station
HRS
Helmsdale Station from the overbridge at the south end

Helmsdale from the road overbridge at the southern end of the station.

Helmsdale was opened on 15 May 1871 and was the Highland Railway's northern terminus for three years until the line was extended in July 1874. Although the station is still open it lost its goods facilities in January 1984.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Helmsdale Station from the overbridge at the south end

SUTHERLAND: Kildonan

1950s

Highland Railway; HR; station;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Helmsdale from the road overbridge at the southern end of the station. <br /> <br /> Helmsdale was opened on 15 May 1871 and was the Highland Railway's northern terminus for three years until the line was extended in July 1874. Although the station is still open it lost its goods facilities in January 1984.