Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
View from behind the goods shed at Helmsdale, 1958
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_714
PLACENAME
Helmsdale
DISTRICT
Kildonan, Loth and Clyne
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Kildonan
DATE OF IMAGE
11 September 1958
PERIOD
1950s
CREATOR
Harold D. Bowtell
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27425
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
station
GWR
HRS
View from behind the goods shed at Helmsdale, 1958

Helmsdale from behind the goods shed looking over towards the, loco shed with 44723, 44724,1646, and 54495.

44723 and 44724 are ex-LMS 'Black 5' 4-6-0 mixed traffic locomotives. 1646 was an ex-Great Western Railway pannier tank brought north to work the Dornoch Light Railway and 54495 is an ex-Caledonian Railway '72 Class' 4-4-0 (CR No.90)

Helmsdale was opened on 15 May 1871 and was the Highland Railway's northern terminus for three years until the line was extended in July 1874. Although the station is still open it lost its goods facilities in January 1984..

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

View from behind the goods shed at Helmsdale, 1958

SUTHERLAND: Kildonan

1950s

Highland Railway; HR; station; GWR; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Helmsdale from behind the goods shed looking over towards the, loco shed with 44723, 44724,1646, and 54495.<br /> <br /> 44723 and 44724 are ex-LMS 'Black 5' 4-6-0 mixed traffic locomotives. 1646 was an ex-Great Western Railway pannier tank brought north to work the Dornoch Light Railway and 54495 is an ex-Caledonian Railway '72 Class' 4-4-0 (CR No.90)<br /> <br /> Helmsdale was opened on 15 May 1871 and was the Highland Railway's northern terminus for three years until the line was extended in July 1874. Although the station is still open it lost its goods facilities in January 1984..