Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Early photograph of loco shed and station at Helmsdale, c1920
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_716
PLACENAME
Helmsdale
DISTRICT
Kildonan, Loth and Clyne
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Kildonan
DATE OF IMAGE
c.1920
PERIOD
1920s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27427
KEYWORDS
HRS
Early photograph of loco shed and station at Helmsdale, c1920

An early (and, unfortunately, grainy) photograph from the hill onto the rear of the first loco shed at Helmsdale station,

Helmsdale was opened on 15 May 1871 and was the Highland Railway's northern terminus for three years until the line was extended in July 1874. Although the station is still open it lost its goods facilities in January 1984.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Early photograph of loco shed and station at Helmsdale, c1920

SUTHERLAND: Kildonan

1920s

; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

An early (and, unfortunately, grainy) photograph from the hill onto the rear of the first loco shed at Helmsdale station, <br /> <br /> Helmsdale was opened on 15 May 1871 and was the Highland Railway's northern terminus for three years until the line was extended in July 1874. Although the station is still open it lost its goods facilities in January 1984.