Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Station buildings at Invergarry from the south end
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_723
PLACENAME
Invergarry
DISTRICT
Lochaber
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Kilmonivaig
DATE OF IMAGE
c.1930
PERIOD
1930s
CREATOR
Stations UK RR3A60B
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27434
KEYWORDS
1&FAR
IFAR
Highland Railway
HR
station
LMS
Station buildings at Invergarry from the south end

Invergarry Station buildings from the south end.

Invergarry Station opened on 22 July 1903 as part of the Invergarry and Fort Augustus Railway. This was built by an independent company and was never part of the Highland Railway although the HR did operate it from its opening until 30 April 1907. It closed temporarily on 31 October 1911 and reopened on 1 August 1913. It closed to passengers on 1 December 1933 and finally to goods on 1 January 1947.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Station buildings at Invergarry from the south end

INVERNESS: Kilmonivaig

1930s

1&FAR; IFAR; Highland Railway; HR; station; LMS;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Invergarry Station buildings from the south end.<br /> <br /> Invergarry Station opened on 22 July 1903 as part of the Invergarry and Fort Augustus Railway. This was built by an independent company and was never part of the Highland Railway although the HR did operate it from its opening until 30 April 1907. It closed temporarily on 31 October 1911 and reopened on 1 August 1913. It closed to passengers on 1 December 1933 and finally to goods on 1 January 1947.