Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
General view of Invergarry Station, 1905
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_724
PLACENAME
Invergarry
DISTRICT
Lochaber
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Kilmonivaig
DATE OF IMAGE
19 March 1905
PERIOD
1900s
CREATOR
SRPS coli 3
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27435
KEYWORDS
1&FAR
IFAR
Highland Railway
HR
station
HRS
General view of Invergarry Station, 1905

A general view of Invergarry Station taken in 1905. Note the short overall roof and the pedestrian access to the platform.

Invergarry Station opened on 22 July 1903 as part of the Invergarry and Fort Augustus Railway. This was built by an independent company and was never part of the Highland Railway although the HR did operate it from its opening until 30 April 1907. It closed temporarily on 31 October 1911 and reopened on 1 August 1913. It closed to passengers on 1 December 1933 and finally to goods on 1 January 1947..

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

General view of Invergarry Station, 1905

INVERNESS: Kilmonivaig

1900s

1&FAR; IFAR; Highland Railway; HR; station;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A general view of Invergarry Station taken in 1905. Note the short overall roof and the pedestrian access to the platform.<br /> <br /> Invergarry Station opened on 22 July 1903 as part of the Invergarry and Fort Augustus Railway. This was built by an independent company and was never part of the Highland Railway although the HR did operate it from its opening until 30 April 1907. It closed temporarily on 31 October 1911 and reopened on 1 August 1913. It closed to passengers on 1 December 1933 and finally to goods on 1 January 1947..