Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
CI26 5337 leaving Invergordon
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_732
PLACENAME
Invergordon
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Rosskeen
CREATOR
Dawlish Warren Railway Museum
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27443
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
HRS
CI26 5337 leaving Invergordon

The south end of Invergordon station taken from south and showing 'Class 26' 5337 with a passenger train.

This locomotive was built by BCRW between 1958 and 1959 as D5327. She became g 26.037 under the BR TOPS renumbering and was eventually withdrawn in October 1993.

Invergordon Station was opened on 23 March 1863 and became a major centre for naval engineering, particularly during the two World Wars. It closed to goods on 1 May 1987 but is still open to passengers.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

CI26 5337 leaving Invergordon

ROSS: Rosskeen

Highland Railway; HR;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

The south end of Invergordon station taken from south and showing 'Class 26' 5337 with a passenger train.<br /> <br /> This locomotive was built by BCRW between 1958 and 1959 as D5327. She became g 26.037 under the BR TOPS renumbering and was eventually withdrawn in October 1993.<br /> <br /> Invergordon Station was opened on 23 March 1863 and became a major centre for naval engineering, particularly during the two World Wars. It closed to goods on 1 May 1987 but is still open to passengers.