Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Looking south from road overbridge at Invergordon
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_733
PLACENAME
Invergordon
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Rosskeen
CREATOR
JRH Cormack coli
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27444
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
Looking south from road overbridge at Invergordon

An Edwardian commercial postcard view of Invergordon looking south from the road overbridge.

Invergordon Station was opened on 23 March 1863 and became a major centre for naval engineering, particularly during the two World Wars. It closed to goods on 1 May 1987 but is still open to passengers.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Looking south from road overbridge at Invergordon

ROSS: Rosskeen

Highland Railway; HR;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

An Edwardian commercial postcard view of Invergordon looking south from the road overbridge.<br /> <br /> Invergordon Station was opened on 23 March 1863 and became a major centre for naval engineering, particularly during the two World Wars. It closed to goods on 1 May 1987 but is still open to passengers.