Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Cattle pens in the goods yard at Inverness Station
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_743
PLACENAME
Inverness
CREATOR
RP E1008
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27453
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
sheep
Cattle pens in the goods yard at Inverness Station

A view of the cattle pens in Inverness goods yard in the pre-WWII days of the LMS.

The Inverness & Nairn Railway first opened a station in Inverness on 7 November 1855 and it developed to become the railway centre of the Highlands with routes radiating south to Perth and beyond; east to Aberdeen, west to Kyle of Lochalsh and north to Wick. It is still open.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Cattle pens in the goods yard at Inverness Station

Highland Railway; HR; sheep;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of the cattle pens in Inverness goods yard in the pre-WWII days of the LMS.<br /> <br /> The Inverness & Nairn Railway first opened a station in Inverness on 7 November 1855 and it developed to become the railway centre of the Highlands with routes radiating south to Perth and beyond; east to Aberdeen, west to Kyle of Lochalsh and north to Wick. It is still open.