Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Two ex-CR 0-4-4Ts passing Rose Street Signal Box
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_749
PLACENAME
Inverness
PERIOD
1950s
CREATOR
N Forrst
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27458
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
steam engine
CR
Caledonian Railway
Two ex-CR 0-4-4Ts passing Rose Street Signal Box

Two ex-Caledonian Railway 0-4-4Ts passing Rose Street Signal Box.

Both locomotives are ex-CR '439' Class 0-4-4Ts. The one that can be identified was built in November 1909 as No. 456 before becoming LMS No.15199 and then BR No. 55199. She was withdrawn in July 1961.

The Inverness & Nairn Railway first opened a station in Inverness on 7 November 1855 and it developed to become the railway centre of the Highlands with routes radiating south to Perth and beyond; east to Aberdeen, west to Kyle of Lochalsh and north to Wick. It is still open.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Two ex-CR 0-4-4Ts passing Rose Street Signal Box

1950s

Highland Railway; HR; steam engine; CR; Caledonian Railway;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Two ex-Caledonian Railway 0-4-4Ts passing Rose Street Signal Box. <br /> <br /> Both locomotives are ex-CR '439' Class 0-4-4Ts. The one that can be identified was built in November 1909 as No. 456 before becoming LMS No.15199 and then BR No. 55199. She was withdrawn in July 1961. <br /> <br /> The Inverness & Nairn Railway first opened a station in Inverness on 7 November 1855 and it developed to become the railway centre of the Highlands with routes radiating south to Perth and beyond; east to Aberdeen, west to Kyle of Lochalsh and north to Wick. It is still open.