Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
LMS 14769 'Clan Cameron' on train waiting to leave Inverness
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_751
PLACENAME
Inverness
PERIOD
1920s; 1930s
CREATOR
LGRP 10053
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27460
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
steam engine
LMS 14769 'Clan Cameron' on train waiting to leave Inverness

'Clan Cameron' preparing to depart Inverness on a southbound train.

The 'Clans' were the last locomotives built for the Highland Railway and they were designed primarily for working between Perth and Inverness. 'Clan Cameron' was the last to be built (in August 1921 as HR No,57). She became 14769 in LMS ownership and was withdrawn in October 1943.

The Inverness & Nairn Railway first opened a station in Inverness on 7 November 1855 and it developed to become the railway centre of the Highlands with routes radiating south to Perth and beyond; east to Aberdeen, west to Kyle of Lochalsh and north to Wick. It is still open.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

LMS 14769 'Clan Cameron' on train waiting to leave Inverness

1920s; 1930s

Highland Railway; HR; steam engine;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

'Clan Cameron' preparing to depart Inverness on a southbound train.<br /> <br /> The 'Clans' were the last locomotives built for the Highland Railway and they were designed primarily for working between Perth and Inverness. 'Clan Cameron' was the last to be built (in August 1921 as HR No,57). She became 14769 in LMS ownership and was withdrawn in October 1943.<br /> <br /> The Inverness & Nairn Railway first opened a station in Inverness on 7 November 1855 and it developed to become the railway centre of the Highlands with routes radiating south to Perth and beyond; east to Aberdeen, west to Kyle of Lochalsh and north to Wick. It is still open.