Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Stevenson Locomotive Society Railtour, 1965 (3)
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_779
PLACENAME
Inverness
DATE OF IMAGE
13 May 1965
PERIOD
1960s
CREATOR
Stations UK 14631
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27487
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
SLS
HRS
Stevenson Locomotive Society Railtour, 1965 (3)

A 1960s view under the station roof of the south platforms at Inverness station.

The photograph was taken during a Stevenson Locomotive Society railtour of the Highlands, which accounts for the number of single men with cameras milling about. The special train included two refurbished ex-Caledonian coaches which can be seen in some shots.

The Inverness & Nairn Railway first opened a station in Inverness on 7 November 1855 and it developed to become the railway centre of the Highlands with routes radiating south to Perth and beyond; east to Aberdeen, west to Kyle of Lochalsh and north to Wick. It is still open.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Stevenson Locomotive Society Railtour, 1965 (3)

1960s

Highland Railway; HR; SLS;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A 1960s view under the station roof of the south platforms at Inverness station.<br /> <br /> The photograph was taken during a Stevenson Locomotive Society railtour of the Highlands, which accounts for the number of single men with cameras milling about. The special train included two refurbished ex-Caledonian coaches which can be seen in some shots.<br /> <br /> The Inverness & Nairn Railway first opened a station in Inverness on 7 November 1855 and it developed to become the railway centre of the Highlands with routes radiating south to Perth and beyond; east to Aberdeen, west to Kyle of Lochalsh and north to Wick. It is still open.