Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Welsh's Bridge Signal box with 5165 and 5463 on the Euston Sleeper
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_794
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
PERIOD
1930s; 1940s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27502
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
steam engine
HRS
Welsh's Bridge Signal box with 5165 and 5463 on the Euston Sleeper

5165 and 5463 at the head of the overnight sleeper from Euston passing Welsh's Bridge signal box on their arrival in Inverness, some time probably just after World War II

Both locomotives are LMS Black 5s. 5165 was built in August 1935 becoming BR No.45165 and withdrawn in December 1962. 5463 was a little older being built in November 1930 becoming BR No.45463. She was withdrawn in November 1966.

The Inverness & Nairn Railway first opened a station in Inverness on 7 November 1855 and it developed to become the railway centre of the Highlands with routes radiating south to Perth and beyond; east to Aberdeen, west to Kyle of Lochalsh and north to Wick. It is still open.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Welsh's Bridge Signal box with 5165 and 5463 on the Euston Sleeper

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1930s; 1940s

Highland Railway; HR; steam engine;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

5165 and 5463 at the head of the overnight sleeper from Euston passing Welsh's Bridge signal box on their arrival in Inverness, some time probably just after World War II<br /> <br /> Both locomotives are LMS Black 5s. 5165 was built in August 1935 becoming BR No.45165 and withdrawn in December 1962. 5463 was a little older being built in November 1930 becoming BR No.45463. She was withdrawn in November 1966.<br /> <br /> The Inverness & Nairn Railway first opened a station in Inverness on 7 November 1855 and it developed to become the railway centre of the Highlands with routes radiating south to Perth and beyond; east to Aberdeen, west to Kyle of Lochalsh and north to Wick. It is still open.