Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Interior of Lochgorm Works with 14390, 14675,17956 and 17929
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_804
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
DATE OF IMAGE
24 September 1935
PERIOD
1930s
CREATOR
Harold D. Bowtell
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27512
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR

Interior of Lochgorm Works with 14390, 14675,17956 and 17929

The interior of Lochgorm Works in September 1935 with locomotives 14390, 14675,17956 and 17929.

14390 (nearest the camera), is an ex-HR 'Loch Class' 4-4-0, built in September 1896 as HR No.130, 'Loch Fannich'. She was withdrawn in February 1937.

14675 is a HR 'Castle Class' 4-6-0, built in June 1900 as HR. No.140, 'Taymouth Castle'. She was withdrawn in August 1939.

17956, a HR 'Clan Goods' 4-6-0 was built in November 1916 as HR No. 81. She went on to carry the BR No.57956 and was withdrawn on May 1952.

17929 is a Jones ' Big Goods', built in November 1894. She was withdrawn in June 1936.

The Inverness & Nairn Railway first opened a station in Inverness on 7 November 1855 and it developed to become the railway centre of the Highlands with routes radiating south to Perth and beyond; east to Aberdeen, west to Kyle of Lochalsh and north to Wick. It is still open.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Interior of Lochgorm Works with 14390, 14675,17956 and 17929

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1930s

Highland Railway; HR;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

The interior of Lochgorm Works in September 1935 with locomotives 14390, 14675,17956 and 17929.<br /> <br /> 14390 (nearest the camera), is an ex-HR 'Loch Class' 4-4-0, built in September 1896 as HR No.130, 'Loch Fannich'. She was withdrawn in February 1937. <br /> <br /> 14675 is a HR 'Castle Class' 4-6-0, built in June 1900 as HR. No.140, 'Taymouth Castle'. She was withdrawn in August 1939. <br /> <br /> 17956, a HR 'Clan Goods' 4-6-0 was built in November 1916 as HR No. 81. She went on to carry the BR No.57956 and was withdrawn on May 1952.<br /> <br /> 17929 is a Jones ' Big Goods', built in November 1894. She was withdrawn in June 1936.<br /> <br /> The Inverness & Nairn Railway first opened a station in Inverness on 7 November 1855 and it developed to become the railway centre of the Highlands with routes radiating south to Perth and beyond; east to Aberdeen, west to Kyle of Lochalsh and north to Wick. It is still open.