Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
The roundhouse and arched water tank at Inverness
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_815
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
DATE OF IMAGE
1 July 1952
PERIOD
1950s
CREATOR
EAHariett Corm
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27523
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
The roundhouse and arched water tank at Inverness

A 1952 photograph taken from Crown Road looking into the roundhouse and showing the arched water tank. The photograph contains lots of detail but, unfortunately, it is a little blurred.

The Inverness & Nairn Railway first opened a station in Inverness on 7 November 1855 and it developed to become the railway centre of the Highlands with routes radiating south to Perth and beyond; east to Aberdeen, west to Kyle of Lochalsh and north to Wick. It is still open.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

The roundhouse and arched water tank at Inverness

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1950s

Highland Railway; HR;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A 1952 photograph taken from Crown Road looking into the roundhouse and showing the arched water tank. The photograph contains lots of detail but, unfortunately, it is a little blurred.<br /> <br /> The Inverness & Nairn Railway first opened a station in Inverness on 7 November 1855 and it developed to become the railway centre of the Highlands with routes radiating south to Perth and beyond; east to Aberdeen, west to Kyle of Lochalsh and north to Wick. It is still open.