Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
D2410 shunter at Lochgorm
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_818
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
DATE OF IMAGE
1 July 1962
PERIOD
1960s
CREATOR
R Holmes R0491
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27526
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
D2410 shunter at Lochgorm

Diesel shunter D2410 at Lochgorm.

D2410 was one of a small class of diesel shunters built by Andrew Barclay from 1958-60 for use on the Scottish Region. Under the BR Standardisation Programme small classes became vulnerable and D2410 was withdrawn in January 1969, only 12 years old. The few members of the class that were around long enough became the 'Class 06' under the TOPS renumbering scheme.

The Inverness & Nairn Railway first opened a station in Inverness on 7 November 1855 and it developed to become the railway centre of the Highlands with routes radiating south to Perth and beyond; east to Aberdeen, west to Kyle of Lochalsh and north to Wick. It is still open.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

D2410 shunter at Lochgorm

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1960s

Highland Railway; HR;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Diesel shunter D2410 at Lochgorm.<br /> <br /> D2410 was one of a small class of diesel shunters built by Andrew Barclay from 1958-60 for use on the Scottish Region. Under the BR Standardisation Programme small classes became vulnerable and D2410 was withdrawn in January 1969, only 12 years old. The few members of the class that were around long enough became the 'Class 06' under the TOPS renumbering scheme. <br /> <br /> The Inverness & Nairn Railway first opened a station in Inverness on 7 November 1855 and it developed to become the railway centre of the Highlands with routes radiating south to Perth and beyond; east to Aberdeen, west to Kyle of Lochalsh and north to Wick. It is still open.