Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Ex-Caledonian Railway 15001 at Rose St Harbour
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_825
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
CREATOR
A Payne collection
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27531
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
steam engine
Ex-Caledonian Railway 15001 at Rose St Harbour

Ex-CR 15001 at Rose Street on the harbour branch in Inverness.

The locomotive was built by the Caledonian Railway in August 1885. It is a 'Class 26 Killin Tank' 0-6-2T, originally numbered 1263 by the CR. She became LMS No.15001 and was transferred to work the harbour branch at Inverness and was the last of her class to survive, being withdrawn in April 1947.

The Inverness & Nairn Railway first opened a station in Inverness on 7 November 1855 and it developed to become the railway centre of the Highlands with routes radiating south to Perth and beyond; east to Aberdeen, west to Kyle of Lochalsh and north to Wick. It is still open.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Ex-Caledonian Railway 15001 at Rose St Harbour

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

Highland Railway; HR; steam engine;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Ex-CR 15001 at Rose Street on the harbour branch in Inverness.<br /> <br /> The locomotive was built by the Caledonian Railway in August 1885. It is a 'Class 26 Killin Tank' 0-6-2T, originally numbered 1263 by the CR. She became LMS No.15001 and was transferred to work the harbour branch at Inverness and was the last of her class to survive, being withdrawn in April 1947.<br /> <br /> The Inverness & Nairn Railway first opened a station in Inverness on 7 November 1855 and it developed to become the railway centre of the Highlands with routes radiating south to Perth and beyond; east to Aberdeen, west to Kyle of Lochalsh and north to Wick. It is still open.