Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Train shed at Inverness with 37418 at the head of train
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_829
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
CREATOR
A Payne
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27535
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR

HRS
Train shed at Inverness with 37418 at the head of train

A modern view of Inverness train shed with 37418 with her train.

Built as D6971 she entered service on 18 March 1965. She became 'Class 37' No. 37271 in March 1974 under the TOPS renumbering. After a heavy overhaul she was renumbered 37418 in June 1985 and transferred to Inverness where she was a regular on the Far North line, she was named 'An Comunn Gaidhealach' at Edinburgh in a ceremony on 10 October 1986. Later she was allocated to work the Inverness - Aberdeen service and this is how she is shown in the photograph. She was transferred away from Inverness in October 1990 and she was officially withdrawn from stock in February 2008.

The Inverness & Nairn Railway first opened a station in Inverness on 7 November 1855 and it developed to become the railway centre of the Highlands with routes radiating south to Perth and beyond; east to Aberdeen, west to Kyle of Lochalsh and north to Wick. It is still open.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Train shed at Inverness with 37418 at the head of train

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

Highland Railway; HR; ; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A modern view of Inverness train shed with 37418 with her train.<br /> <br /> Built as D6971 she entered service on 18 March 1965. She became 'Class 37' No. 37271 in March 1974 under the TOPS renumbering. After a heavy overhaul she was renumbered 37418 in June 1985 and transferred to Inverness where she was a regular on the Far North line, she was named 'An Comunn Gaidhealach' at Edinburgh in a ceremony on 10 October 1986. Later she was allocated to work the Inverness - Aberdeen service and this is how she is shown in the photograph. She was transferred away from Inverness in October 1990 and she was officially withdrawn from stock in February 2008.<br /> <br /> The Inverness & Nairn Railway first opened a station in Inverness on 7 November 1855 and it developed to become the railway centre of the Highlands with routes radiating south to Perth and beyond; east to Aberdeen, west to Kyle of Lochalsh and north to Wick. It is still open.