Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Shell of the locomotive shed at Keith, September 1954
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_844
PLACENAME
Keith
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE
DATE OF IMAGE
18 September 1954
PERIOD
1950s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27549
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Shell of the locomotive shed at Keith, September 1954

A view of the ruins of the locomotive shed at Keith, taken in September 1954.

Keith station, on the Inverness to Aberdeen line, was originally owned by the Highland Railway and was known as Keith Junction. It was here that the Highland Railway met the Great North of Scotland Railway. It opened in August 1858.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Shell of the locomotive shed at Keith, September 1954

MORAYSHIRE

1950s

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of the ruins of the locomotive shed at Keith, taken in September 1954.<br /> <br /> Keith station, on the Inverness to Aberdeen line, was originally owned by the Highland Railway and was known as Keith Junction. It was here that the Highland Railway met the Great North of Scotland Railway. It opened in August 1858.