Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
BR 54481 passing the ruins of the engine shed at Keith
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_852
PLACENAME
Keith
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27557
KEYWORDS
railway stations
trains
locomotives
BR 54481 passing the ruins of the engine shed at Keith

This photograph shows BR 54481 passing the ruins of the engine shed at Keith.

Keith station, on the Inverness to Aberdeen line, was originally owned by the Highland Railway and was known as Keith Junction. It was here that the Highland Railway met the Great North of Scotland Railway. It opened in August 1858.

BR 54481 was a Pickersgill Caledonian Railway 72 Class built in 1920. Its pre-grouping number was CR 76.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

BR 54481 passing the ruins of the engine shed at Keith

MORAYSHIRE

railway stations; trains; locomotives

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows BR 54481 passing the ruins of the engine shed at Keith.<br /> <br /> Keith station, on the Inverness to Aberdeen line, was originally owned by the Highland Railway and was known as Keith Junction. It was here that the Highland Railway met the Great North of Scotland Railway. It opened in August 1858.<br /> <br /> BR 54481 was a Pickersgill Caledonian Railway 72 Class built in 1920. Its pre-grouping number was CR 76.