Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
A Class 101 approaching Keith from Elgin, August 1998
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_853
PLACENAME
Keith
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE
DATE OF IMAGE
8 August 1998
PERIOD
1990s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27558
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
trains
locomotives
A Class 101 approaching Keith from Elgin, August 1998

This photograph shows a Class 101 approaching Keith from Elgin in August 1998.

Keith station, on the Inverness to Aberdeen line, was originally owned by the Highland Railway and was known as Keith Junction. It was here that the Highland Railway met the Great North of Scotland Railway. It opened in August 1858.

Class 101 DMUs (diesel multiple units) were built by Metro-Cammell in Birmingham during the late 1950s. The last ones were withdrawn from the network in 2003.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

A Class 101 approaching Keith from Elgin, August 1998

MORAYSHIRE

1990s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS; trains; locomotives

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows a Class 101 approaching Keith from Elgin in August 1998.<br /> <br /> Keith station, on the Inverness to Aberdeen line, was originally owned by the Highland Railway and was known as Keith Junction. It was here that the Highland Railway met the Great North of Scotland Railway. It opened in August 1858.<br /> <br /> Class 101 DMUs (diesel multiple units) were built by Metro-Cammell in Birmingham during the late 1950s. The last ones were withdrawn from the network in 2003.