Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Station building at Kildary (disused), June 1975
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_858
PLACENAME
Kildary
DISTRICT
Invergordon
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Kilmuir Easter
DATE OF IMAGE
June 1975
PERIOD
1970s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27563
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
Station building at Kildary (disused), June 1975

A view of Kildary Station taken in June 1975.

Kildary, on the Far North Line, opened in June 1864 as Parkhill and renamed Kildary in May 1868. It closed to passenger services on 13 June 1960 and to goods services in January 1965. The station was demolished when the A9 road was realigned.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Station building at Kildary (disused), June 1975

ROSS: Kilmuir Easter

1970s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Kildary Station taken in June 1975.<br /> <br /> Kildary, on the Far North Line, opened in June 1864 as Parkhill and renamed Kildary in May 1868. It closed to passenger services on 13 June 1960 and to goods services in January 1965. The station was demolished when the A9 road was realigned.