Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Kincraig Station looking south with a 4F on a down freight train, c1930
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_902
PLACENAME
Kincraig
DISTRICT
Badenoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Alvie
DATE OF IMAGE
c.1930
PERIOD
1930s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27599
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
Kincraig Station looking south with a 4F on a down freight train, c1930

A view of Kincraig Station looking south with an LMS Fowler Class 4F 0-6-0 locomotive on a down freight train, c1930.

Kincraig Station, on the main Perth to Inverness line, was opened in September 1863 by the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway. For the first eight years of its existence it was called Boat of Insh. It closed to goods traffic in May 1964 and to passenger services in October 1965.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Kincraig Station looking south with a 4F on a down freight train, c1930

INVERNESS: Alvie

1930s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Kincraig Station looking south with an LMS Fowler Class 4F 0-6-0 locomotive on a down freight train, c1930.<br /> <br /> Kincraig Station, on the main Perth to Inverness line, was opened in September 1863 by the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway. For the first eight years of its existence it was called Boat of Insh. It closed to goods traffic in May 1964 and to passenger services in October 1965.