Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
The old station at Lochluichart from the reservoir
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1034
PLACENAME
Lochluichart
DISTRICT
Muir of Ord
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Contin
PERIOD
1950s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27722
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
The old station at Lochluichart from the reservoir

A view of Lochluichart High Station from the reservoir.

The original station at Lochluichart (called Lochluichart High) was opened by the Dingwall and Skye Railway in August 1871. In the 1950s the Conon Valley hydro-electric scheme raised the water level of Loch Luichart which required the railway line to be diverted onto higher ground and a new station to be erected. The new line was known as the Lochluichart Diversion.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

The old station at Lochluichart from the reservoir

ROSS: Contin

1950s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Lochluichart High Station from the reservoir.<br /> <br /> The original station at Lochluichart (called Lochluichart High) was opened by the Dingwall and Skye Railway in August 1871. In the 1950s the Conon Valley hydro-electric scheme raised the water level of Loch Luichart which required the railway line to be diverted onto higher ground and a new station to be erected. The new line was known as the Lochluichart Diversion.