Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
The old station at Lochluichart
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1041
PLACENAME
Lochluichart
DISTRICT
Muir of Ord
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Contin
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27729
KEYWORDS
railway stations
The old station at Lochluichart

A view of the old station at Lochluichart.

The original station at Lochluichart (called Lochluichart High) was opened by the Dingwall and Skye Railway in August 1871. In the 1950s the Conon Valley hydro-electric scheme raised the water level of Loch Luichart which required the railway line to be diverted onto higher ground and a new station to be erected. The new line was known as the Lochluichart Diversion.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

The old station at Lochluichart

ROSS: Contin

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of the old station at Lochluichart.<br /> <br /> The original station at Lochluichart (called Lochluichart High) was opened by the Dingwall and Skye Railway in August 1871. In the 1950s the Conon Valley hydro-electric scheme raised the water level of Loch Luichart which required the railway line to be diverted onto higher ground and a new station to be erected. The new line was known as the Lochluichart Diversion.