Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
The new station at Lochluichart from the east
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1048
PLACENAME
Lochluichart
DISTRICT
Muir of Ord
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Contin
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27736
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
The new station at Lochluichart from the east

A view of the new station at Lochluichart from the east.

The original station at Lochluichart (called Lochluichart High) was opened by the Dingwall and Skye Railway in August 1871. In the 1950s the Conon Valley hydro-electric scheme raised the water level of Loch Luichart which required the railway line to be diverted onto higher ground and a new station to be erected. The new line was known as the Lochluichart Diversion.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

The new station at Lochluichart from the east

ROSS: Contin

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of the new station at Lochluichart from the east.<br /> <br /> The original station at Lochluichart (called Lochluichart High) was opened by the Dingwall and Skye Railway in August 1871. In the 1950s the Conon Valley hydro-electric scheme raised the water level of Loch Luichart which required the railway line to be diverted onto higher ground and a new station to be erected. The new line was known as the Lochluichart Diversion.