Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Lybster Station, looking north with a train in the platform
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1053
PLACENAME
Lybster
DISTRICT
Caithness - Southern
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Latheron
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27740
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Lybster Station, looking north with a train in the platform

A view of Lybster Station, looking north with a train in the platform.

Lybster Station was opened as part of the Wick and Lybster Railway on 1 July 1903. The last trains ran in April 1944 before the line, and all the stations on it, were officially closed in 1951. At the time of writing (2011) the station building serves as the clubhouse for Lybster Golf Club.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Lybster Station, looking north with a train in the platform

CAITHNESS: Latheron

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Lybster Station, looking north with a train in the platform.<br /> <br /> Lybster Station was opened as part of the Wick and Lybster Railway on 1 July 1903. The last trains ran in April 1944 before the line, and all the stations on it, were officially closed in 1951. At the time of writing (2011) the station building serves as the clubhouse for Lybster Golf Club.