Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
LMS 15013 and the water tower at Lybster Station, May 1928
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1060
PLACENAME
Lybster
DISTRICT
Caithness - Southern
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Latheron
DATE OF IMAGE
May 1928
PERIOD
1920s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27745
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
locomotives
LMS 15013 and the water tower at Lybster Station, May 1928

This photograph shows LMS 15013 and the water tower at Lybster Station in May 1928.

In 1892 the Highland Railway took delivery of two 4-4-0 tank engines which had been built for the Uruguay Great Eastern Railway but never delivered. After a trial period they purchased the two locomotives and numbered them 101 & 102. LMS 15013 (originally HR 101) was eventually withdrawn in July 1934.

Lybster Station was opened as part of the Wick and Lybster Railway on 1 July 1903. The last trains ran in April 1944 before the line, and all the stations on it, were officially closed in 1951. At the time of writing (2011) the station building serves as the clubhouse for Lybster Golf Club.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

LMS 15013 and the water tower at Lybster Station, May 1928

CAITHNESS: Latheron

1920s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS; locomotives

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows LMS 15013 and the water tower at Lybster Station in May 1928.<br /> <br /> In 1892 the Highland Railway took delivery of two 4-4-0 tank engines which had been built for the Uruguay Great Eastern Railway but never delivered. After a trial period they purchased the two locomotives and numbered them 101 & 102. LMS 15013 (originally HR 101) was eventually withdrawn in July 1934.<br /> <br /> Lybster Station was opened as part of the Wick and Lybster Railway on 1 July 1903. The last trains ran in April 1944 before the line, and all the stations on it, were officially closed in 1951. At the time of writing (2011) the station building serves as the clubhouse for Lybster Golf Club.