Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
A very early view of Lybster Station
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1062
PLACENAME
Lybster
DISTRICT
Caithness - Southern
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Latheron
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27746
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
A very early view of Lybster Station

This photograph shows a very early view of Lybster Station.

Lybster Station was opened as part of the Wick and Lybster Railway on 1 July 1903. The last trains ran in April 1944 before the line, and all the stations on it, were officially closed in 1951. At the time of writing (2011) the station building serves as the clubhouse for Lybster Golf Club.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

A very early view of Lybster Station

CAITHNESS: Latheron

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows a very early view of Lybster Station.<br /> <br /> Lybster Station was opened as part of the Wick and Lybster Railway on 1 July 1903. The last trains ran in April 1944 before the line, and all the stations on it, were officially closed in 1951. At the time of writing (2011) the station building serves as the clubhouse for Lybster Golf Club.